St. Mena's Church in Kingston
In Kingston ON in 1975 a few Coptic families started meetings in homes, on a monthly basis. Father Marcos (Toronto) initially conducted The Divine Liturgy. Later Father Makarios Awadalla (Mississauga) took over from Father Marcos in 1976. We also had the blessing of having Father Michael Aziz (Montreal) who conducted the Divine Liturgy from July 1995 to July 2013. Also, we had the blessing Bishops prayed and help through the years from 2003 till 2018 Bishop Abakeer, Bishop Bolous, Bishop Macarios, and Bishop Eklimandos, and many other priests from Egypt. On May 28, 2003, St. Mena Coptic Orthodox Church was registered as a non-profitable organization. In December 2003 the first vespers were held at the newly rented place, converted to a church at the Development Drive Plaza (4 Km far from present location). In 2009 we bought the first property (present location 1281 Midland Ave). Through the grace of God, different options were investigated but the outcome was to pursue 1281 Midland Ave property. In 2013, our first ordained priest, Father Bachomious El Baramousy, was appointed to the church by H.H. Pope Tawadros II of Alexandria. On Sept. 26, 2014 (vesper of the Cross feast) is the first visit of His Holiness Pope Tawadros the second to our church St. Mena Kingston Ontario, and his holiness is the first Pope bless our city Kingston. The church provides the following services to the Coptic Orthodox Christian community in Kingston and surrounding areas including Napanee, Bellville, Brockville, and Gananoque. On November 22nd, 2018 His Grace Pope Tawadros ordained Father David Azer to be the first permanent priest for the Church.